This UNDERCOVER AGENT is Lt. Michael David Rowlan, a member of the Ouachita Parish LA Sheriffs office currently assigned to Metro Narcotics.
Agent Mike Rowlan has admitted to stealing cocaine evidence, snorting cocaine evidence while on-duty and distributing cocaine evidence to his undercover informants for their use, driving while intoxicated, driving with open containers and other crimes.
He has not faced any punishment for his criminal actions, and Sheriff Richard Fewell has gone to great lengths to protect him from facing accountability - including firing several other deputies who have gone public with Rowlans admission to on duty drug use.
More criminal acts and allegations of wrongdoing by OPSO's cocaine snorting agent Michael David Rowlan:
• 1. Mike Rowlan gets drunk at Private Eyes and gives a dope dealer and his informant a ride to Wham Brake for a cocaine party.
• 2. Rowlan willingly snorts cocaine while working undercover. He purchases the cocaine from a known drug dealer and shares the cocaine with his informant (Beetle McCallum). Rowlan was gracious enough to provide the $1.00 bill to snort with.
• 3. Rumors circulate that Rowlan impregnates a crack head pregnant in College Point (West Monroe). Shortly afterwards, Rowlan resigns from OPSO for a year.
• 4. Rowlan sucks up to sheriff Chuck Cook and writes a letter to the editor praising Cook for the job he is doing. This resulted in him being promoted to Sgt. at Metro Narcotics.
• 5. Rowlan cuts Chuck Cook's throat and begins his alliance with the Fewell Administration. Rowlan "witnesses" Gary Reno run over a Fewell campaign sign. Rowlan runs Reno's license plate and calls Fewell to tell him about the incident.
• 6. Sheriff Cook finds out that Rowlan uses the Louisiana State Computer to play politics on and subsequently gives Super Agent a stern warning. Super Agent's Ego will not allow him to stay at OPSO thus he resigns.
• 7. Sheriff Cook attempts to have Rowlan prosecuted for illegal/improper use of the NCIC/LA State Computer. DA Jerry Jones refuses to file charges against Rowlan.
• 8. Rowlan goes to Reporter Ken Booth and whines about how he was picked on and fired by Cook. Mr. Booth makes a public fiasco of the entire situation. Rowlan goes to work for the Union Parish Sheriff's Office as a favor to Sheriff Fewell from Sheriff Buckley.
• 9. Deputies at the Union Parish Sheriff's Office see the real Mike Rowlan after a couple of months and quickly decide it's time for Rowlan to go back to Ouachita Parish.
• 10. Rowlan and Metro Commander Hank Smith get Steven Risinger out of the Union Parish Jail for undercover work. Risinger is a known crack addict and agrees to set up his sources. Rowlan rents Risinger a car (taxpayer's money), buys him a cellular phone (taxpayer's money), & puts him up in a hotel room (taxpayer's money) in Monroe. Risinger decides to party with the free admentities and goes on a crime spree. Risinger ends up in El Dorado, Arkansas. While in El Dorado, Risinger commits two home invasions (while the homes were occupied). Risinger is chased by Arkansas authorities but eludes arrest. Risinger calls Rowlan and tells him about his crimes and request he come to Arkansas and get him. Rowlan (with Hank Smith's permission...of course) goes to Arkansas and illegally helps Risinger escape back to Louisiana.
• 11. Rowlan's oldest son is hired and subsequently fired by Sheriff Buckley for reason(s) unknown.
• 12. Richard Fewell wins the Sheriff's election and he makes a public comment to his upporters praising Mike Rowlan for his victory. Without Rowlan and the press coverage he received, the election would have been up in the air.
• 13. Rowlan calls suspected drug dealer in and physically makes threats to the drug dealer and laughs in his face. Rowlan tells the drug dealer that he'll do anything to make sure he rots in prison. The suspected dealer was wearing a recording device and captured the entire conversation on tape. Download the recording from 188.8.131.52/rowlan.wav.
• 14. Copy of the threats were turned over to the Sheriff. Sheriff Fewell ignores the incident and assists Rowlan in covering it up. No action is taken against Rowlan for the civil rights voiolations or beating of the subject.
• 15. Rowlan focuses on the suspected drug dealer and subsequently arrest the suspected drug dealer on 2 separate occassions. On one of the occassions, the suspected drug dealer's dog was shot and killed by a warrant's deputy. Rowlan administers a severe beating to the suspect. Photos are provided at opsocorruption.info/rowlan.html
• 16. Sheriff Fewell hires Rowlans cousin, a CONVICTED FELON, even though he failed his background investigation. The hiring was a favor to Mike Rowlan.
• 17. Rowlan and his Felon cousin began doing undercover work for Metro Narcotics, Union Parish, Claiborne Parish, & Lincoln Parish. Felon cousin had been convicted of Aggravated Battery, CULTIVATION OF MARIJUANA, resisting by flight, and other charges.
• 18. Mike Rowlan's son is caught stealing items from seized vehicles at Metro Narcotics. Rowlan's son was hired and paid to clean these seized vehicles so they could be auctioned.
• 19. Rowlan's brother was hired and paid big bucks to do the mechanic work on these seized vehicles. No other mechanics were given the opportunity to bid on this job.
• 20. Rowlan is taken to a friend's car lot where he and the OPSO colonel purchases Super Agent his own Tahoe. Everybody else had to drive Ford Taurus/Tempo's. These Ford's were purchased on bids while the Tahoe was purchased from a "friend."
• 21. Rowlan's cousin is told by the Sheriff to resign from the sheriff's office due to the upcoming election (2004). Cousin resigns and hires the Sheriff's son to have his record expunged. While unemployed, cousin is hired by the Sheriff to paint the inside of the Sheriff's house.
• 22. Sheriff Fewell wins the election and hires cousin back. Rowlan begans hunting deputies that are less than happy at home. Rowlan turns in a major, captain, radio operator, & others. Subsequently, one's private life is no longer private in the eyes of Rowlan and the Sheriff.
• 23. Rowlan goes after a SCAT team Sgt full force. Rowlan lies to his Major, Captain, & Lt. Rowlan attempts to bully the SCAT member's computer from him. SCAT team Sgt stands his ground and almost loses his job. Major over investigations saves the SCAT Sgt's job.
• 24. Rowlan subsequently writes up the Investigators Major for 'picking on him'. In fact, Major writes Rowlan up for investigating a non-narcotic violation. Another secret investigation...sound familiar?
• 25. Rowlan is promoted to Lt and given the job of K-9 commander.
• 26. Rowlant continues to stab deputies in their backs and hunts police more than he hunts criminals.
• 27. Rowlan complains on a fellow agent. The fellow agent makes threats to whoop Super Agent's ass. Fellow agent is transferred back to patrol and away from Super Agent. 15 year fellow agent resigns from OPSO and goes to work for another law enforcement agency.
• 28. Rowlan continually works prostitution stings within Monroe City. Rowlan becomes very, very, very close to two female informants and pays them very handsomely.
• 29. Rowlan takes it upon himself to raid 2 stores that are selling novelty items in Ouachita parish. One of these stores is located within a couple of miles from Rowlan's house.
• 30. Rowlan thinks he scores big with the local media and citizens.
• 31. Rowlan's boat has sprung a leak and is slowly sinking.
• 32. Reporter Ken Booth speaks to Rowlan about the allegations of cocaine use. Rowlan responds that there is not a shred of truth to the postings on the internet.
• 33. The sheriff's only comment was "you'd think there was an election coming up." Great way to divert the attention away from his pet cocaine snorter, Mike Rowlan. At least the Sheriff didn't lie... he just conveniently avoided the question.
• 34. Rowlan, Sheriff, & the Chief are running around making threats to fire anyone associated with certain employees and ex-employees from the department.
• 35. A deputy that is close friends with a suspected internet poster is fired by Sheriff Fewell. Although this deputy wasn't guilty of leaking information, he was considered collateral damage until the real leak is found.
• 36. Rowlan is taxed with destroying all seized weapons from the Metro Narcotics vault, as ordered by a 4th Judicial District Judge. Rowlan wears a black balaclava (mask) while the TV cameras film his heroic deed. After the cameras have been turned off, Rowlan rescued a Remington 30-06 rifle supporting a 3x9x40 BSA scop for personal reasons. He was in direct violation of a court order but why would he care? He can tell the Sheriff or Chief something ludicrous and they'd believe him and see to it that any nothing came of it. Commander Hank Smith is fully aware that Rowlan stole the rifle, but now that this has been addressed he has probably "lost" the rifle (Obstruction of Justice).
• 37. Rowlan, Sheriff, & Chief continue to head hunt the leak(s) from the Sheriff's Office. They demand the internet postings cease immediately due to the negative imagine it's bringing. Copwatch refuses to be bullied and the internet topic thrives.
• 38. Approximately 15 grams of crack cocaine missing from an evidence bag which was last seen on/near Rowlan's desk.
• 39. Allegations arise that Rowlan kept $100,000.00 in cash from a drug stop to help fund Fewell's election campaign in 1999.
• 40. Drug suspect testifies in court that he is missing $500.00 that was suspiciously "seized" by Mike Rowlan.
• 41. Rowlan warns his brother about a Meth investigation (meth) being conducted on him.
• 42. Rowlan's son is arrested for numerous dope charges while he was living with Mike Rowlan.
Because the media outlets around here are so far up the Sheriff's butt that they can't see straight. This entire thing is getting bigger and bigger since Rowlan filed a lawsuit against posters. The Sheriff's son is representing Rowlan in the suit...crazy crap going on here!
I dont live anywhere near Louisiana but ill tell you I am still OUTRAGED at this! If this stuff is true it is disgusting and it almost makes me sick! I read the cops confession to doing the drugs and it was all i could do to not PUNCH THE COMPUTER SCREEN! What is wrong with this guys sheriff that he lets this go on and why in the hell hasnt he been fired and put in a jail cell where he belongs? Hell for that matter he AND THE SHERIFF belong in jail cells! What else is going on in that sheriff department that we dont know about?
Keep your interest up - this next week there will be a wealth of information concerning Metro Narcotics Lt. Mike Rowlan - Capt. Danny Acree & Jay Ellerman. They are involved in a lawsuit that will detail how a freelance journalist was illeagly detained and question concerning information he may have. Gestopo Natzi BS